Coached Ensemble Option
Please complete this page only if you plan to participate in the Coached Ensemble Option.
If you choose to register for Coached Ensemble, please bear in mind that THIS IS NOT A CHAMBER MUSIC PROGRAM. The whole focus at SummerKeys is on personalized individual instruction aimed at helping each participant to improve instrumental, vocal, or compositional skills. The Coached Ensemble Option is designed to introduce participants to the experience of learning to play music as part of a duo or group, and is set up as follows:
● No tape or audition is required, and novice players are welcome to participate.
● Late Monday afternoon, having worked with all students requesting Coached Ensemble, the faculty meets to decide what groups or duos may be formed, so that each person will derive maximum benefit from the Ensemble experience.
● They are careful to select works of excellent quality, but works which also may be accomplished in the four daily coaching sessions, which culminate in the optional performance of the selected work.
● Music and schedules for the coaching sessions are distributed at the Monday evening social or left at the office.
● Every effort is made to organize groups of three or more players, but our experience has shown that participants have greatly benefited from the ensemble experience, even when two persons (such as cello/piano, piano 4-hands, cello/cello) are involved.
● By signing below you agree to accept whatever the faculty decides will work best for you. WE DO REGRET THAT THERE CAN BE NO LAST MINUTE CHANGES.
● If you decide after the Monday night meeting that you are not going to participate in an ensemble that has been formed for you, please understand that you will not be entitled to a refund of any kind.
● Advanced students willing to accept these conditions are welcome to participate.
● Please note that Celtic Harp students do not need to sign up for Coached Ensemble, as it is included in your classes.
● There is no “Jazz” focus in Coached Ensemble, but pianists understanding this, may enroll.
I understand and agree to the terms described above:
(signature required if Coached Ensemble Option is selected) (date)
WE DO REGRET THAT THERE CAN BE NO LAST MINUTE CHANGES.
Request for Extra Practice Hours
Practice hours are weekdays 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM. Extra piano practice time is available by chance at no cost if the week is not fully scheduled. You may practice on weekends. If you want guaranteed extra practice hours that time can be reserved below at $15.00/hour and will be billed to your tuition balance.
Summerkeys Registrants & Washington Country Residents
Example: No prior instruction Some prior instruction Intermediate Experienced
If you are bringing a specific work, which a faculty member is going to be performing with you, you must notify us separately to be sure that we have the music, and that the instructor has enough time to prepare.
Please read the following information carefully:
● Cancellation and tuition refunds: At least one-week cancellation notice, 50% minus the deposits and registration fee will be refunded. Tuition is not refunded due to late arrival; tuition credit (minus deposit) toward 2019 may be considered in cases of extreme duress.
● Change Fee: If you change your instrument, week, and/or instructor after May 1, there will be a change fee of $200.
● SummerKeys reserves the right to terminate instruction and/or use of its facilities should a student exhibit any conduct, communication, or behavior the administration feels warrants such action in its sole and absolute discretion.
I have read and accept the terms and conditions of the SummerKeys Policies.
* Limited Availability
ITEMS TO BE SENT TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION
1. A Completed Registration Form (All Pages).
2. $50 Registration Fee (non-refundable): This fee is not included in your tuition. It pays for the work required to enter your name and contact information into both paper and computer records, to start your scheduling process, and also for the time we may spend communicating with you to be sure you’re comfortable with every aspect of the time you will be spending with us. All of this takes place as soon as we receive your form, so, even if you need to cancel, the work has already been done; therefore, the fee is non-refundable. However, it is a one-time charge, so, no matter how many weeks you register, the fee is only applied once for each student.
3. $200 Deposit for each week selected: Deposits guarantee your place in what often become sold-out programs. On May 1, we send student lists to our faculty for the coming season with the understanding they will be paid for these students. Therefore, after May 1, Program Deposits are non-refundable.
4. $40 Deposit for each extra lesson selected. After May 1 deposits are non-refundable.
5. $25 Coached Ensemble Option deposit for each week selected: After May 1 deposits are non-refundable. If you choose this option, which may only be taken ALONG WITH ONE OF OUR INSTRUMENTAL PROGRAMS, the deposit holds your place in the Coached Ensemble Option for the week(s) you choose.
6. Credit card payments can be made by calling our registrar, Helen Lelievre, at 207-733-7509 or 207-271-1572. Please note that there will be a 2% fee associated with this (5% for International cards). DO NOT submit your credit card info online, and DO NOT leave the info as a phone message.
PLEASE REGISTER ME FOR SUMMERKEYS 2018. I am enclosing my completed registration form along with the deposit(s) and registration fee as requested.
Name: _________________________________________________________ I have enclosed the following deposits and fees: TOTAL NUMBER OF WEEKS CHECKED ON PAGE 1:_____ x $200 = __________________ TOTAL NUMBER OF ENSEMBLE WEEKS CHECKED ON PAGE 1:_____ x $25 = __________________ (Deposits are refundable until May 1) REGISTRATION FEE $50 Registration Fee in non-refundable TOTAL AMOUNT OF DEPOSITS AND REGISTRATION FEE DUE* __________________ Please make payment to Summer Keys Music LLC, and mail to: SummerKeys Registration C/O Lelievre P.O. Box 341 Lubec, ME 04652
*Remittance of deposits and registration fee required before your place can be guaranteed.
** ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE IN US FUNDS.
EXTRA LESSONS AND CLASSES SummerKeys Registrants and Washington County Residents: Private 60-minute Lesson $70, group class no charge. Please note that a Washington County Resident is defined as someone who lives in Washington County at least nine months of the year. Non-Registrants: Private 60-minute Lesson $100 (maximum 2 lessons per week), Group Classes $40 per class.
All students (even those only taking one lesson) need to register and pay the $50 registration fee.
Full payment is due two weeks before your start date. You will receive some orientation materials and a balance bill about one month ahead of your start date.